Registering Your Student

Registering Your Student at Langston High School Continuation Program

  • Students looking to transfer to Langston from an APS high school:
    • Please note: Effective January 2022, there is new procedures for transfer students within APS. Students looking to transfer to Langston from Wakefield, Washington Liberty, and Yorktown, must have a referral form filled out by a school counselor or administrator ONLY. Please see your homeschool counselor to start the transfer process
    • Any questions regarding classes and graduation requirements contact one of our school counselors, Ms. Lippmann at or 703-228-2116 or Mr. Matos at or 703-228-8381
    • Any questions regarding the transfer/ Registration process to Langston contact our school registrar Ms. Farris at or ext.8399
  • Students who are NEW Arlington Public Schools or for students who are RETURNING to Arlington Public Schools: View the general APS registration requirements
    • Proof of Residency: One primary document supporting residency A current lease agreement or deed; or Residency Forms A & B for parents who live with their child in the residence of someone else. A/B form must be notarized.
      • Residency Form A English (fillable) | Spanish
      • Residency Form B English (fillable)| Spanish
      • And any  two  of the following supporting documents that show your name and address: Current federal, state or property tax returns; Current payroll or withholding statement; Vehicle registration; Current utility bills; Valid Virginia driver’s license with current address; Documentation of financial assistance from Arlington County.
  • Proof of student’s age and legal name- An original birth certificate or certified copy translated into English, if necessary. If the birth certificate is not available, families should submit the Proof Of Student Identity and Age Affidavit instead.
  • Valid government-issued identification for the parent – a government-issued ID can only be used to verify identity, not Arlington residency
  • NEW Health Requirements – Rising 12th graders need: Meningococcal (MenACWY) booster (given after age 16)
  • Additional Educational Documents:
    • Current Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan
    • School records or official transcripts from the previous school attend
    • English Learner or Gifted records

*Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to complete the downloaded APS Residency & Proof of Student Identity Forms.

Office Contact Information: